What a year it has been! I'm not referring to Covid-19, Brexit, countless natural disasters, insane American politics, sky high unemployment or any of the other craziness we have all been witness to this past year. No. I am referring to myself, and my life.
For me, 2020 has been a journey of discovery and growth. The year was chock full of new experiences, new places, new people, new everything. And learning, lots and lots of learning! As I mull it over, I find myself a bit stunned by it all, and I am both happy and grateful.
Here is a small sample (in no particular order) of some thing that I learned:
* I've learned to drive, park and set up a 25' motorhome.
* I've learned to pay attention to those 25mph signs for an upcoming curve in the road.
* I've learned to identify and prepare puffballs. (a wild, edible mushroom)
* I've learned that I do not like puffballs.
* I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about batteries.
* I've learned that can easily do without television or cell service, but no internet access is problematic.
* I've learned that I am much better at initiating friendships than I am at maintaining them.
* I've learned that the many horror stories about Camping World are most likely true.
* I've learned the difference between a travel trailer and a fifth wheel.
* I've learned the difference between poisonous and venomous.
* I've learned to relax.
* I've learned to make homemade marinades that are far better than those from the store.
* I've learned what chiggers are.
* I've learned that no matter what direction I travel, all of the gas stations are on the other side of the road!
What has 2020 taught you??