It is hard to believe that it has been almost a month since my last post. And even harder to believe all that has happened in that time. I have no idea how to begin catching you all up with the many details, but here are a few random thoughts:
* Alabama is a State polar opposites. The natural beauty of the environment is incredible. Lewis Smith Lake is breathtaking and said to be the 2nd cleanest lake in the country. On the other hand, the amount of trash, litter, junked out cars and abandoned, rotting buildings is heartbreaking.
* One day I crossed the Tennessee/Georgia border 5 times!!
* Time differences of even an hour can really make things confusing.
* I've been experimenting with cooking in a cast iron pan over an open flame, rather than sticking to the basics like steak and burgers. The results have been mixed, but I'm getting better. And Wiggy, of course, is a very willing taste tester!
* Speaking of Wiggy, she has become l'il Miss Popularity. She just marches herself up to pretty much anyone she fancies, and the next thing you know she is on her back and getting love and belly rubs from strangers. And she continues to improve her swimming skills. I think those ducks better start watching their backs!
* The leaves are already beginning to change in some areas!
* I highly recommend making an effort to be friendly and open whenever possible. New friends are just a smile away.
As for right now, I am just outside of Nashville awaiting an RV service appointment on the 23rd of this month. I won't bore you with the details, but lets just say that getting said appointment was a lot harder than you might think. If all goes well, I am heading up to Land Between the Lakes next!